American Standard manufacturers air conditioners and other HVAC equipment mainly for residential but American Standard also makes light commercial HVAC equipment. American Standard air conditioners range in efficiency level from 13 SEER to 20 SEER giving the American Standard air conditioner one of the highest efficiency ratings in the HVAC industry for air conditioners. American Standard air conditioners also come in a variety of configurations from the standard split system air conditioner to the package unit air conditioner with either gas heat or in the heat pump configuration. Some features of various American Standard air conditioners are:
- American Standard air conditioner top of the line model has the ability to communicate to the home owner or technician if there is a problem or if a setting needs to be changed remotely.
- Two compressors provide two-stage cooling for the high efficiency models
- Energy star rating for various American Standard air conditioner models
- Various American Standard air conditioners use variable speed motors in the indoor unit and the outdoor unit
- Spine fin coils for most American Standard condensing unit coils
- Durable and rugged cabinet protects the coils for long life
American became Tappan Air Conditioning division in 1972. American-Standard purchased the Trane Company in 1984. American-Standards name revived in 1988. American Standard is based out of Tyler, Texas and they produce air conditioning and heating equipment along with other products for the home. In 2008 American Standard was acquired by Ingersoll-Rand along with American Standards sister company Trane.
If you have a particular model number for any type of HVAC Equipment please email us and we will do an HVAC technical review of the air conditioning or heating equipment for you.