Carrier offers heat pumps in 3 different series. The Infinity Series, The Performance Series, and the Comfort Series with the Infinity Series being the Premium heat pump series Carrier offers. Their heat pump efficiency ranges from 13 SEER 7.9 HSPF to 19 SEER and 9.5 HSPF with heat pump capacity ranges from 1.5 tons to 5 tons making Their heat pumps are ideal for residential and light commercial applications. Their heat pumps are designed to meet or exceed industry standards for noise levels. Various features for selected Carrier Units are:
- Selected heat pumps use R-410A refrigerant. High Performance HVAC recommends the use of R-410A in replacement and new heat pumps versus using R-22 refrigerant.
- Two-Stage compressors for more energy efficiency in selected heat pumps
- 23 point diagnostics board in selected heat pumps for easier heat pump troubleshooting
- Steel louvered coil guards in selected heat pumps
- Compact heat pump designs for fit in tight places in selected heat pumps
Product Line Up and Pros and Cons
Carrier offers a full line of heat pumps to match many budgets and a range efficiency levels. The Carrier Comfort Series line offers a range of efficiency levels and are the priced for the budget minded. The Performance Series are Carriers mid-range units and the Infinity Series is the top of the live Series and offers many bells and whistles and efficiency ranges. One of the cons against Carrier is that many of their parts are proprietary and can be expensive and this is true for a few other manufacturers. Carrier does make a quality well designed product that offers reliability and performance especially with efficiency. They stand behind their products with good warranties and extended warranties are available at the time of purchase.
Additional Information About Manufacturer and Sister Companies
Carrier is owned by United Technologies which is the same parent corporation of Bryant, Heil, and Tempstar.
Carrier Heat Pump Reviews