Rheem package units can be purchased in configurations of hybrid heat pumps with gas back-up heat, air conditioner with gas heat known as a gas pack, and a heat pump package unit. Rheem package units are primarily produced for residential and light commercial use. Various features of select Rheem package units include:
- Variable speed blower motors in select package units
- Two stage scroll compressors in select package units
- Electronic diagnostics for easier troubleshooting in select package units
- Louvered condenser covers for coil protection in package units
- Rheem package units are engineered for quiet operation
Rheem Manufacturing Company was established in 1920′s by Richard and Donald Rheem when the two brothers bought a galvanizing plant in San Francisco, CA. In the 40′s and 50′s Rheem expanded it’s core product line of water heaters to include air conditioning and heating equipment. Rheem has expanded and is now a global company with offices in Europe, Australia, Canada, Asia, and South America.
If you have a particular model number for any type of HVAC Equipment please email us and we will do an HVAC technical review of the air conditioning or heating equipment for you.