Trane package units can be purchased in configurations of hybrid dual fuel heat pumps with gas back-up heat, air conditioners with optional electric heat, air conditioning with gas heat, and heat pump package units. Their package units are manufactured for residential, light commercial, and heavy commercial applications. Heavy commercial air handlers will be covered in a future planned section named Commercial HVAC. Various features of selected package units include:
- Two-stage compressor in select air handlers
- Variable speed blower motors in select package units
- Humidity control with select package units
- Stainless steel heat exchanger and burners in select package units
- 10 year limited warranty on select package units
In 1910 James Trane and his son Reuben began manufacturing a low-pressure heating system to heat homes. They have a long history of innovation dating back to its founder and his son including changing the concept of air conditioning for large buildings when in 1938 they introduced the Turbovac which was the HVAC industries first hermetic centrifugal refrigeration machine.
If you have a particular model number for any type of HVAC Equipment please email us and we will do an HVAC technical review of the air conditioning or heating equipment for you.